Five Fun Tips to BRIGHTEN Your New Year!
Who doesn’t want glowing, bright skin to start their New Year off right? Below are 5 ways to get that glow back in your skin!
- Get the glow with water. I will start off with my favorite, least expensive and easiest way to get the glow: Water. Water not only hydrates your body, but hydrates your skin. Water will also help tighten your skin and shrink your pores. At home, soak a washcloth in hot steamy water (bearable to touch) and lay it on your face for 1-2 minutes, then wash your face as usual. After you’ve rinsed your cleanser off, splash your face with cold water 5-10 times to feel that instant tightness!
- Brighten skin with nutritious foods. For those who loved my stress busting foods, you’ll love to hear they also brighten your skin. Avocado is known for being high in Vitamin E, a natural antioxidant. It also has B3, which is great for anti-inflammatory purposes. Almonds are also high in Vitamin E and shown to hydrate your skin from the inside out. Grapefruit, which is loaded with Vitamin C is also great for brightening your skin tone.
- Vitamin supplements boost brightening. For those who would prefer to use vitamin supplements, you can get your brightening boost with Vitamin B,C,E & K. All these are shown to keep pre-mature aging at bay!
- Exfoliate! Another very important step for healthier skin is keeping the skin exfoliated. This can be done mechanically through exfoliating cleansers or Microdermabrasion treatments. It can also be done through chemical exfoliation with Prescription Retin-A & aesthetic peel treatments.
- Even skin tone and remove years of pigmentation. Skin care plays a vital role in maintaining healthy, glowing skin. My personal recommendation is SkinMedica®’s Lytera® Skin Brightening Complex, a ground-breaking hyper-pigmentation treatment that minimizes dark spots, brightens skin and evens skin tone. In combination with our Vitalize Peel® series, patients are seeing years of pigment removed from their skin.
If you would like to learn more about the esthetic services we offer, request a consultation online. You can also call Dr. Poulter’s office at (309) 663-1222 or Toll Free at (888) 841-4108 and one of our helpful staff members will assist you.