Hydration for the Holidays
Winter is just around the corner, and for most people that means dry, cracking skin. Beat the winter blues with these 5 simple steps!
- Avoid long, hot steaming showers! Moderation is key. Staying in a hot shower for more than 15 minutes can be detrimental to your already wintery sensitized skin. Too much of a good thing just isn’t that good.
- Avoid fragrance in your soaps and lotions. Although these ingredients can be irritating to your skin all year round, in the winter you are at higher risk for sensitivity to these lovely store-bought bonuses! Look for products for sensitive skin or hypoallergenic labels. Actually read the ingredient list. If the alcohol content is high, STAY CLEAR! My personal favorite over-the-counter body lotion is Vaseline® Intensive Rescue Repair.
- Keep your skin protected, even in the cold. We train ourselves to apply our sun block in the summer, but UV protection is equally important during these cold winter months. Unfortunately, the cold weather works with the sun to cause excessive damage to your skin.
- Drink lots of water, and then drink some more water, and once you’re done with that, drink a little more! It will help keep you hydrated which in turn keeps your skin hydrated.
- Hydration and antioxidants! For your face and its wind-chapped cheeks, we highly recommend our SkinMedica® TNS Ceramide Treatment Cream. Aside from the Tissue Nutrient Solution, it’s loaded with intense hydration and antioxidants to keep your skin soft and touchable all winter long.
If you would like to learn more about the esthetic services we offer, request a consultation, online. You can also call Dr. Poulter’s office at (309) 663-1222 or Toll Free at (888) 841-4108 and one of our helpful staff members will assist you.