The Center for Radiant Skin at the Office of Jeffrey S. Poulter, M.D., offers a number of skin care treatments to help our Illinois clients look and feel their best. These medical aesthetician services can be performed individually or in conjunction with plastic surgery or other medical spa procedures.
Facials & Peels
Chemical peels and custom facials can help refine your skin texture and minimize the appearance of fine lines, skin discoloration, and enlarged pores. The Center for Radiant Skin offers a variety of different options to provide a truly personalized treatment. Determining the right peel or facial for you will be based on your skin type and personal goals.
- Simply Radiance (Express) Facial: (30 min) Suitable for dry or sensitive skin types. The results to be expected is the skin feeling refreshed without feeling tight or irritated. (No massage) Patients typically experience no downtime.
- Purely Radiance Facial: (60 min) Suitable for normal to oily skin types. The results to be expected is a deep cleansing and rejuvenated feeling. Patients typically experience no downtime.
- SkinMedica® Illuminize Peel®: (30 min) Great for first time peel patients or patients looking for a milder exfoliation. Used for improving the appearance of mild skin imperfections such as sun damage, fine lines and wrinkles, and pigmentary irregularities. Typically patients experience no downtime and no visible peeling.
- SkinMedica® Vitalize Peel®: (30 min) Suitable for all skin types producing noticeable results. Used for improving the appearance of mild to moderate skin imperfections, including sun damage, fine lines and wrinkles, acne scarring and melasma. Typically patients experience mild to moderate peeling approximately two to three days after the procedure and lasts about three to five days.
- SkinMedica® Rejuvenize Peel: (30 min) Great for patients wanting enhanced exfoliation. Used for improving the appearance of moderate to severe skin imperfections, including sun damage, fine lines and wrinkles, acne scarring and melasma. Darker skin types need established tolerability to Vitalize Peel prior to consideration for this peel. Typically patients experience moderate peeling that starts approximately two to three days after the procedure and can last up to five days.
- Obagi® Blue Peel: (60 min) Suitable for all skin types. Used for improving cosmetic and medical skin conditions located superficially or deep in the skin tissue. Beneficial for skin tightening and skin leveling.
At our practice in Illinois, many plastic surgery patients choose microdermabrasion to mechanically exfoliate the skin, making it softer and smoother. The Center for Radiant Skin offers a unique “crystal free” microdermabrasion system that uses a special diamond-encrusted applicator tip to gently buff away impurities. An integrated vacuum removes dead skin cells and debris and increases blood flow to the skin, resulting in improved texture and a refreshed appearance. This procedure is often performed in conjunction with a treatment masque for enhanced skin conditioning.
Additional Cosmetic Services
In addition to the procedures listed above, the Center for Radiant Skin provides patients in Illinois with other skin care services to enhance their appearance. Some of the additional cosmetic treatments available are:
- LATISSE® eyelash enhancing serum
The Center is also excited about the addition of the SkinMedica® skin care product line by Allergan®.
If you would like to learn more about the medical aesthetician services we offer, request a consultation online. You can also call Dr. Poulter’s office at (309) 663-1222 or Toll Free (888) 841-4108 and one of our helpful staff members will assist you.